Friday, January 13, 2006

Complaining...

...I have noticed lately that many blog posts consist of complaining about practical circumstances on one's life. I apparently missed the memo that this is what blogs are for and so have decided to jump on the bandwagon before it's too late.

So, I ask myself, as the midnight hour slowly creeps by and my eyes begin to burn with sleep, what should I complain about? Well, I could complain about my nice silver car which was brutally smashed as it sat in its parking space on my street yesterday.

But I don't really want to complain about that: I felt bad for the guy who lost control of his old bug and slammed into me, plus the sun was so warm on the trees above the scene that the leaves glowed gold in the late afternoon.

But I suppose I do have something to complain about, come to think of it. Where in this good, green United States can a guy get a good cappucino? But even now, I can't quite complain. Starbucks cappucinos are, of course, mediocre; they do their job, but lack the higher subtleties of truly good cappucinos.

What of the cappucinos I can't complain about?
1. Pete's: Pete's coffee itself is quite good and thie cappucinos combine a velvet sweetness with a needed bite that's balanced quit well.

2. Seattle's Best: I haven't drunk their regular coffee, but their cappucinos are extrordinarily smooth. The foam is less like foam and more like an airy liquid...mmmm....

The conclusion? I don't know why we complain. do you?

5 comments:

Double Oh Somewhat said...

I have a complaint. Why can't my life be as good as yours? My car isn't smashed. No one ever bothers about smashing my car. They always just go after my legs when I'm crossing the road. Butt-munch.

I can't even afford cuppo-chinos. And the smoothest one I ever tasted felt like sandpaper. Friggin' racist. You obviously don't know any Mexi-Cans.

Apparently I missed the memo: the memo where it's cool for you to rub in how much cooler, richer, and more sanctimonious-fied you are then everybody else...

Butt-Munch.

Christina said...

Being content is not about what you have or don't have, but your attitude towards it.

Thank you, Tim.

Christina said...

Wait, are you Jesse Cone?

Tim said...

I'M not jesse cone, but jesse cone is...if that made any sense...

I once heard, i think in a silly song, that contentment is not having what you want, but wanting what you have...I like it, though it may not be very profound.

Christina said...

Oh right, I know you aren't Jesse. I meant "the testostercone." At first I thought he was a serious angst-ridden blog fiend, but now I get it. :)